Ways to Give
The most common way of giving to the Division of Cardiology is to make an outright gift of cash, securities or personal property. Outright gifts offer the distinct advantage of being immediately available to assist the Division in its programs.
A pledge demonstrates your intention to make a gift to the Division and may allow you to give more generously over a period of time than would be possible through a single contribution. You may make a commitment to the Division payable over a period of three to five years. Pledges give the Division the predictable base of support necessary to plan our efforts years in advance.
You can support the Division by arranging a gift through a trust, a bequest, a charitable gift annuity or other planned giving options. Each type of planned gift offers a distinct set of advantages. Some plans provide income for life for a donor or loved one. Others result in an immediate tax deduction or a reduction in capital gains tax. Visit the Gift Planning website to learn more about the various types of planned gifts and how they can benefit you as well as the Division of Cardiology.
How to Give
You can make a gift to the Division of Cardiology in three ways: online, by mail, or by phone.
- Visit the UCSF online giving site.
- Click on the blue box "Direct your gift to a specific area"
- Select the last option, “other,” and type in “Cardiology".
- There are no additional fees added to your credit card when you make a gift online
- Make checks payable to: UCSF Foundation/Cardiology
- Attach a note as to how you would like to designate your gift.
- Send gifts by U.S. Mail to:
Division of Cardiology
P.O. Box 45339
San Francisco, CA 94145-0339
- Send gifts by Courier (Federal Express, etc) to:
Division of Cardiology
Lockbox/Item Processing Operations
MUFG Union Bank, N.A.
1751 Harborbay Parkway, Suite 100
Alameda, CA 94502
Attn: UCSF Foundation Lockbox 45339, Cardiology Division
Call toll-free (877) 499-UCSF [(877) 499-8273] to charge by phone.
Gift of Securities
Gifts to UCSF can be made via wire transfer to the following account:
Division of Cardiology, State Street Bank & Trust Co.
Beneficiary: UCSF Foundation - TWE1
Bank Account Number: 00112086
Reference: include name of the donor sending the wire
Send wire confirmation by email to [email protected] or by fax (415) 476-5083 and include the following information:
- Date the UCSF Foundation should expect the wire
- Dollar amount of donation
- Donor name
- Name of UCSF program, tribute, or memoriam
For additional information contact Customer Service at (877) 499-UCSF (877) 499-8273 or email [email protected].