Resources for Visiting
How to Get Here & Where to Stay
From the San Francisco International Airport - The San Francisco International Airport (SFO) is 15 miles south of downtown San Francisco. From SFO you can take a taxi, a shuttle van, BART, or the Airporter Bus into the City. Travel time is 30 - 40 minutes. Allow an additional 15 - 30 minutes for connections and traffic.
- Taxi - costs ~$60
- Super Shuttle vans - They take 3 - 4 passengers and go door-to-door,
- BART - Bay Area Rapid Transport - Take the train to Civic Center Station and transfer to the N Judah Streetcar to get to UCSF.
- SFO Airporter Bus - Airporter Bus - goes to Union Square and downtown San Francisco hotels. Transfer to the underground train N Judah or take the 6 Parnassus to get to UCSF.
N Judah Streetcar and 6 Parnassus Bus stops directly in front of the UCSF Helen Diller Medical Center.
For more information: MUNI (San Francisco Municipal Railway)
The following buses and trains link to the N Judah or the 6 Parnassus:
- From the South Bay/Peninsula: SamTrans or CalTrain
- From the North Bay/Marin & Sonoma Counties: Golden Gate Transit
- From the East Bay: BART or AC Transit .
There is a parking lot on Parnassus Avenue, across from Moffitt Hospital.
The following accommodations are either within walking distance of UCSF or close to the Laurel Heights - UCSF shuttle. Some give discounts to UCSF, so let them know you are interviewing with us when you call. For more details on the listings below, please see the UCSF Short Term Lodging Guide. It is the responsibility of applicants to make arrangements for transportation and accommodations during the interview process.
- Laurel Inn
- Moffatt House
- The Monte Cristo
- Stanyan Park Hotel